Sunday, February 6, 2011

San Francisco Part I

I mentioned that we were trying to use our weekends to explore what the Bay area has to offer and so after heading south we decided to go north to San Francisco. I had never been to this city and so I was excited to see what all the fuss is about.

We headed straight for one of the most famous landmarks: the Golden Gate Bridge.


We stopped at the end of the bridge and enjoyed the view across the bay.


That is Alcatraz and the far side of the bay. We decided to walk out on to the bridge because driving over is a little anti-climactic.


This was pretty cool. Tons of people and traffic but what can you expect? Luke was really excited to go up to the tall tower. (He is into towers lately) He was even more excited to see the door in the bottom of the tower.


Much to his dismay and my relief, the door was locked. We headed back to our car and drove to Sausalito for lunch. It was a charming little sea side town and lunch was good. So good we were to busy eating for any pictures. We loaded the boys back into the car and as they drifted off to sleep Ryan took me down Lombard street. I had never heard of it but it is very steep and very windy. This is as we are driving down it.


Pretty cool. I can't believe how steep the streets are. I have seen them on movies and stuff but to drive those everyday! CRAZY!

No comments: