Sunday, February 6, 2011

Is this for real?

I have never lived in a warm climate like this. I am told that this is unseasonably warm weather for San Jose but it is awesome. I am amazed every day when I look at the calendar and it says February and then I go outside to green grass, sunshine and blossoming trees. The boys and I are taking advantage of the sunny days. Snack time in the back yard = no mess inside to clean up. Win-win for everyone.



We went to Santa Cruz for an afternoon at the beach with some girls in our ward. It was so nice and the boys loved it. The water is way to cold to get in but they are more interested in the sand than the water anyhow.

We attempted sand castles but they liked the destroying better than the building and so I just left them to their own devices. Noah's was trying to explore other parts of the beach instead of the one where we were at.


I wished that some of my Rexburg friends could be with me and appreciate the warmth and beauty of it all, so I was a little homesick as I loaded the boys into the car. I turned around for one last look and saw this:

So to all my cold climate dwelling friends... Isn't this amazing? The beach in January? No snow, ice, coats or runny noses? Come on down!

No comments: