Thursday, May 20, 2010

Teriffic Twos

Luke is turning two years old this week. How does a baby go from this...


to this...


so quickly?

Yesterday Luke was particularly mischievous. While I was putting Noah down for a nap he pulled a whole container of wipes out one by one. I was babysitting Livy and so I had her down for a nap and all was quiet. I should have known. If you have a toddler and it is quiet for too long, then someone is into something they shouldn't be. I started looking for said quiet toddler and this is what I found.


Yes that is a whole container of rice dumped all over the couch not to mention what went into the carpet. I spent 30 minutes vacuuming the same spot and could still hear the vacuum picking up rice. We might have rice in our carpet for a couple years.... food storage right?

Anyhow I was vacuuming I turned around and found this...


If you can't tell he is trying to open a box of fly paper with needle-nose pliers! Who knew we had fly-paper and why is is you can only find pliers when you don't need them? (must be related to scissors)

After uprooting several house plants and "sprinkling" dirt everywhere while I was cooking dinner, it was time for a little TV time out, so mom could catch up to the mess.

I just can't believe my baby could grow up so fast.

6 comments:

Sara said...

He sounds a lot like Abby. While I am cleaning up one mess she is busy making another.

Callie said...

so funny, that is why you are grateful when they grow up and can "babysit" the younger ones. Kailey is always stopping something from happening, unless its too cool to resist. then she joins in the fun. ie cutting jordans hair.

And We Sailed On said...

this sounds SO familiar. I am excited for you to go to germany! That is awesome.

Angie said...

We miss Luke. Madison can't wait to come play with him again. He is growing up way too fast! Keep up the good work. Love you.

Vertex Stand Up Paddleboards said...

I used pliers just the other day to open a bag of pancakes. Smart kid!

amanda said...

you need to include the story of him stealing wedding rings.