Saturday, May 22, 2010

Teriffic Twos: Part 2

Our friends Pete and Amanda came to visit us a couple of weeks ago. They brought their little girl Izzy (who is super cute and Luke's age). They played really well together and it was fun to catch up and visit with Pete & Amanda.
They were packing up to leave and continue on their trip when Amanda asked me if I had seen a ring anywhere. I wasn't quite sure what she was talking about. She explained that she had taken off her wedding ring to shower and put it on the night stand by their bed. When she went to put it on it was gone. We weren't sure which kid took it or if it just fell off the stand or what. So I casually checked Luke's favorite "safe places". No luck. I went back into their room to help search the carpet etc. sure that it had just been knocked off, that is until Amanda said she had come in and the heater vent was pulled up. That's when I knew that my little rascal had been there. That is one of his telltale signs. Pulled up heater vents. We searched the heater vent... nothing. Now I was starting to panic.
Luke had been all over the house that morning and the ring could literally be anywhere! (He once took our renter's cash rent payment and it was lost for like 6 weeks. I searched the house up and down. Couldn't find it and then one day I got out of the shower and it was in the middle of my bedroom floor. No joke!) I re-checked his dump truck, backpack and rocket seat. Then I remembered him bringing me something out of Ryan's office that morning.
I went into search the office. It has like 15 drawers and 6 possible cupboards where the ring could be. I searched the office - no luck. I was feeling a little frantic not knowing where to search next. All the time praying that we would find the ring. I just kept feeling like I should continue looking in the office. The third time I searched this one drawer I found it. A little gold ring. Relief flooded through me as I took Amanda her ring.
They were really nice about the whole stealing their valuables thing. My little pirate. We have trained him well. He only goes for cash or gold. Leaves all the other possible things to take.


You are all welcome to come and visit us we just can't promise that you will leave with everything you came with!


3 comments:

Lisa said...

I bet you were relieved to find that ring. Its nice he keeps you on your toes.

Taren said...

That is so funny!! Your last couple of posts just make me laugh. My little boys keep me on my toes and it sounds like yours do as well.

Angie said...

Haha. I love the our valuables are safer in an unlocked car outside than they are in your house. :) Love you.