Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Abercrombie Vs. abercrombie

Can you tell me the Difference...

Me Either..

So I was putting away some some shirts and I came across my Abercrombie one and had a horrific flashback.

After my mission someone told me I needed some new clothes (braided belt and pegged pants had SOMEHOW gone out of style.) and I should go to the Riverwoods to Abercrombie and Fitch. So alone I went, looking for some clothes to make me hip and attractive to the ladyz. I walked in to the blazing sounds of music cranked to 11 and clothes that were wrinkled and laid on the table instead of hung up. I grabbed a couple shirts and headed for the dressing room. These shirts were TIGHT, and I don't mean that in the "dude those are TIGHT! " kinda way. So the girl working the store asked if she could help. I asked if this was a normal fit, to which she told me I might find a better fit at the ADULT store down the road. I guess I should have known Fitch would never sell clothes to children.

You look at those signs. Capitalized is Adult, lower case is children.

Mr. Abercrombie, You are dead to me, Mrs. Fitch, we're cool.


UPDATE!!!
Now I don't know if this makes the story better because I have someone to verify it, or worse because I have blocked this experience. My sister, Callie, says she was with me for this debacle. I personally think I have told this story to her so much that she has inserted this story into her own memories. Is this proof that an eye witness at a crime scene cannot be trusted? All I do know is whenever I come across these horrible store fronts I have a the same feeling I got when I got busted cheating on my times table drills in third grade by Mrs. Fuja. Just makes me want to vomit. The next update to this event will be Annalyn telling me she was the clerk working in the store that day.

7 comments:

Danielle said...

that is too funny.

Callie said...

yeah i was so there! i remember you looking pretty stupid especially because you thought that lady that worked there was cute, and when you tried the maroon shirt on you looked like an idiot! i am you little sister, who, even if you may not remember me there for most of your embarrassing moments.. i probably was! but thanks for blocking me out of you life (tear,sniffle)

Corey said...

I've heard this story so many times. I'm pretty sure you were alone on this one Ryan. I don't recall Callie ever being mentioned in the story. Sorry Callie...you're delusional :)

Callie said...

corey/ryan=dead to me

Taren said...

That is LOL funny!!! That sucks. I wish I could have witnessed something like that. I may have peed myself from laughing so hard.

lishalou said...

that's a hilarious story! Thanks for the good laugh!

maines said...

I totally remember this story. I may have even heard it as many times as Corey. For the sake of not pissing anyone off, I will say I can't remember if anyone else was there or not..... though I'm pretty sure when it was told (which could or could not have been accurate) you were alone. Callie, take it as a compliment that we don't think you are as retarded as Ryan to not be able to tell the difference between childrens and adult clothing.