Sunday, January 9, 2011

Our New Digs

We are really happy with our new home. There are definitely things we miss from our old house but also things we enjoy about this house. I will take you on a photo tour of the most important spaces...

This is the front room. You can see the front door and the stairs with two rugrats on their way down. My legs were so sore for a couple of days from going up and down the stairs! Never thought that I was such a wimp! Let's just say I will leave this house in better shape than I came.

Here is the kitchen. I really like this kitchen. I loved my kitchen in Rexburg so I was nervous about moving to a different one but I really like this one and am getting used to new appliances. I have never cooked on a gas range before and I will admit it took me a second to get a burner lit the first time!


This is the family room. It is right off the kitchen. During the day all these windows open up into a sunny heaven. I don't really like cats but totally agree with them on one thing... napping in the sun. LOVE IT! I soak in all the sun I can here.
All these pictures look white and stark. Probably due to the white carpet and walls as well as the lack of wall hangings. We don't know how long we will be here and so I didn't unpack most of our pictures. I hung two to be specific. So yes, the walls are a little bare.


This is the loft upstairs. I have my desk here that the owners were so kind to leave behind. I think this will be a nice space for us to have. The boys can play in my vicinity yet I can (hopefully) get caught up on life?


Here is the boys room. You can't see it but there is a bathroom off to the left. For this room only. I love it. I can change and bath them there without having to move room to room. I am sure I won't love it when it come to cleaning time.

I didn't think you needed pictures of the guest rooms with their respective beds and the master room. Or the bathrooms for that matter. Let's just say they will suffice. :)


I have never lived in a warm climate like this and so this orange tree from our neighbors yard makes me happy every time I look at it. I haven't tasted one of the oranges yet. Whenever I miss Idaho I look at this and remind myself everywhere has its ups and downs and to look for the ups!

3 comments:

Angie said...

I am glad you made it okay! You are a trooper. I love the house. Hopefully we make it out to visit you sometime so we can see those guest rooms for ourselves! I hope that you like the weather as much as I do here! :)

Taren said...

Wow! What a beautiful home! Why are you guys there for only 6 months? I'm jealous. I would love to have a citrus tree in my back yard.

nutrigina said...

hey cute annalyn!! i just stalked you with a marathon email, but am not sure if i sent it to an old address. maiden name? hotmail? if not i need your info, sista! miss you, love you, & am THRILLED for your san jose life! :) gina