Saturday, September 26, 2009

Belated Congratulations to Papa Bear

I have been meaning to post for awhile but just haven't done it... so much to catch up on the pressure gets overwhelming. But I really have wanted to congratulate my Dad. He graduated in August from BYU with his MBA. (Here he is with Madison, Angie's baby. I didn't have any other picture of him with cap and gown)


He went back to school to get his masters, something he has wanted to do for 30 years. Trying to raise and provide for 11 kids made it impossible for many years. Finally a couple of years ago he decided it was time and went for it. I am so proud of him for chasing his dreams and not giving up on what he wanted. He is an inspiration that it is never to late to achieve those life-time goals you have set for yourself.

To celebrate we managed to get all 11 children, 7 spouses and 6 grandchildren to his graduation. This was a big feat for our family coming from all over. It was so fun to have everyone home and around for a couple of days before families started splitting off to their respective homes, and new adventures across the country and oceans. Here we all are!


And here are the 5 pregos in order of closest due date... if it isn't obvious by my bulging belly.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

that is so great that your dad finished. Matt wants so badly to finish his too, but I am a little overwhelmed at the idea.

Unknown said...

Tell your Dad congrats from Mari and me. That is an amazing accomplishment and I am very impressed.