Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Blue Grass & Quiet Books

Last weekend we needed a quick get away. Luckily Ryan hobnobs in all the right circles... ok, maybe just some of them... he has a friend who was kind enough to let us use his cabin up in Teton Springs or Victor, Idaho. The cabin was beautiful as you can see from the pictures.


It is on the market so anyone who has a couple of million dollars to spare, I would suggest you look at it!


It was nice to just have a change of scenery for a day or two. Saturday we met up with Kellie & Layne for lunch. They were on their way to go skiing so we tagged along for awhile. The day was beautiful and the slopes looked great.


It made me want to go skiing, even though I have only been once and am kind of afraid that I would blow out my knee if I tried it right now. So instead of skiing we showed Luke where he and Dad could hang out in a couple of years. He loved it. I don't know if it was all the action, the sun, or the cool hat he was wearing but he was so good the whole day.


On the way home Ryan got the urge to listen to a little Bluegrass music. He enjoyed it so much that he is now into Bluegrass music. So if you know of some good groups, songs, or where to find whats hot in Bluegrass let him know. Luke is taking to it too. We are considering signing him up for Banjo lessons as soon as we can.


My lastest project is a quiet book for Luke for church. I looked online for some patterns and got some good ideas. It looks like everyone just kind of makes up their own. I have been working on some ideas but could also use some outside advice. If you have made one, seen one or just have an idea I would love to hear it. I will definitely post pictures when I get this one done. I am sure it is a bigger project that I think it is but I have had fun thinking of ideas and trying to put something together.

One last explantion to all of you who wonder why I let Ryan post our pregnancy news. I figure that this is his blog just as much as it is mine. All of his friends deserve to have a taste of his sense of humor... uncensored. He was so excited to announce our pregnancy and I made him wait longer than he ever wanted to. So I decided the least I could do was to let him announce it in his way. In his words I just wanted to "keep it real"!

7 comments:

The Armstrong Family said...

Congratulations!!! My mom and dad told me that you were expecting another one but I wasn't sure if I was supposed to know yet so I didn't say anything. Hope everything is going well!

The Andrews said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Andrews said...

Your little Man is so cute. Just think, soon there will be two!

amanda said...

annalyn, i always wondered how you tolerated ryan's humor. you're a good woman.

Vertex Stand Up Paddleboards said...

Tell luke were coming to see him next week. Ryan blue grass is awesome. Currently i have Carl Story and his Rambling Mountaineers in my cd player but its an acquired taste. Next on my list would be the Foggy Mountain Boys but they are more progressive bluegrass. Still good. I would kill to ride our bikes and listen to some music

Vertex Stand Up Paddleboards said...

You guys should rent Fireproof from red box. It has Kirk Cameron from Growing pains and i's really good

Ryan and Annalyn said...

I saw that the Duggars from the TLC channel watched Fireproof at the Christian Film Festival in Atlanta. Did you know at the end of the movie Kurt is actually kissing his wife from real life? She stood in because he made a goal never to kiss another woman besides her. Too bad Annalyn doesn't have the same standards...