Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?

No we didn't get a Christmas card sent out. If you are saying "Wait, I didn't get one last year either... Tough noogies...
Not really, we have yet to have ever sent any out.

We headed to California for the mandatory visit to my parental units. I kid, I kid Mom and Dad.

Luke was hamming it up while we packed
That thing in his mouth is a Giraffe. not a Melanosaurus. which is a dinosaur that lived during the Triassic Period. It was a large plant eating dinosaur, growing up to 40 feet long. Surprised you didn't know that.


While there we spent a day showing Annalyn and Diedre one of our favorite, non-touristy, local Californian get aways. Balboa Island. Where we rode around on a 12 passenger bicycle. Don't let the name fool you. 12 passenger bike is code for 10 guests pedaled around by Ryan and Lee. This place could get popular so see it before the tourists ruin it.

Christmas day came and Luke was very happy to be surrounded by Christmas gifts as you can see...
That was until he saw mommy kissing Santa, thats when we snapped this gem.

(enlarge for full effect)

And to top it off we got home only to find the weather of Southern California had been replaced by a weeks worth of Idaho snow. Which in itself isnt so horrible, but this is my second friggin winter my mailbox has been BURIED in snow. Can you find the mailbox in this mess?


Hope you all had a great Christmas and are planning to have a Happy New Years. Come visit, and help me shovel.

8 comments:

Callie said...

thats a lot of snow! i can't see the mailbox, most of our snow was gone. i will also be bloggin about the trip so keep your eyes posted!

Taren said...

Luke's outfit is sooo cute. We had a ton of snow as well. Jared shoveled most of it but I did my fare share. We need to buy ourselves a 4 wheeler to shovel it all.

Mari said...

Hey guys! Tyson and I stumbled upon your blog while searching for old MTCers.
"Your baby is suuuuuper cute!" -Mari
"You're the coolest, call me this summer!!" - Tyson

Liz said...

Like I believe you and Lee did the pedaling. Looks like it was just Lee hard at work. You must have pulled a hammy or something.

Corey said...

I thought your Christmas gift to me was that you were going to leave a comment on our blog. I'm still waiting!

Elizabeth said...

It cracks me up reading this. Ryan's sense of humor is so funny.

I can't believe how big your little guy is getting. He is so cute.

amanda said...

i don't know why but the dinosaur comment made me laugh. i miss your baby-eating jokes.

maines said...

"Bend over and I'll show you"

Best Christmas movie ever.