Wednesday, August 13, 2008

And then there was a blog...

Blog, blog, blog... Thats all we hear these days. While we are not sure how long this whole internet fad is going to last, we have enjoyed reading all of the interesting posts from our friends and family. Its a good way to catch up. So without knowing where to begin, how about a bit of catching up?

Our first family picture. Luke was born May 22nd. He had a pretty bad case of pneumonia and stayed in the hospital for two weeks. Ryan wanted them to give him X-Ray vision but I was happy with him just having 20/20. So far so good.


Of course, if you know us at all you would expect to see Biscuit. This is how he felt when we brought Luke home from the hospital.

Updates on our family wouldn't be complete without mentioning our "Quad Squad". This spring we finally got around to getting the headstone.

We also had the opportunity to bless him this month. Thanks to everyone who made the trip up! Three generations of Rasmussen trouble.
I teach primary and when I have sharing time Ryan takes Luke. This is the picture I found on his phone after he said Luke had been "fussy" and couldn't go to elders quorum. Hmm...



And lastly for our summary, what we look like waiting for Ryan to come home from work! We miss you daddy!

9 comments:

Callie said...

lookin good, you are a pro already! i knew ryan liked to eat babies but i didnt think he would eat luke! can't wait to see y'all next week

Sandi said...

Yeah - you joined the blogging world!! Luke is a doll!! I'm so excited to be able to see updates on your family.

lishalou said...

Annalou!! It's so good to be able to be in touch with you again. You look wonderful! You will have to check out our blog and comment now and then to stay in touch. I love you bunches and am so happy that you are doing well. Congrats on joining the blogging world, I love it! www.sellcircus.blogspot.com (check your email for an invite, it's a private blog)

nutrigina said...

sweet mercy, it really happened! you gave into the blog pressure...so glad you did. i have been wanting to be in touch with my long lost friend! i am so glad luke is doing well, the lil cutie! you have that happy-mama-glow. thanks for the updates! keep them coming! gina

courtney said...

love the pictures! especially the one of luke being "fussy" during elders quorum...very curious...

can't wait to see you guys!

Melanie said...

Hi Annalynn! I know, I struggled to get with the times on this blogging thing, but it's remarkably great to keep in touch with people. Luke is so cute, maybe he and Ava need to hook up, what do you think :)

Taren said...

What a cute family. Your little guy is adorable. I had a hard time with the whole blog thing as well. I didn't think my life was interesting enough to comment on. It has been great to see updates and pictures of friends and family though. You should visit my blog sometime. Anyway I am glad I got to see some updated photos of your family. You look great!

maines said...

Hello....I'm one of Ryan's old friends from Laguna Hills. I was on Melissa White's blog, saw Callie's blog, and then saw yours. You know, the usual blog stalking chain that can somehow eat up hours of your day. Anyway, just wanted to say hello to Ryan and tell you that your little boy is BEAUTIFUL. Looks like you guys have had some major trials and wonderful blessings in the past couple of years. And now you can blog all about it. :-) Good luck with everything. Tell Ryan hello from me!
-Shalaine

Danielle said...

such cute pictures, luke is getting so big. i think is is awesome that you started blogging.